FROM DESIGN TO MANUFACTURE
In addition, significant cost reductions and performance improvements can be achieved by replacing external SMD components by customized IPD dies.
- How to integrate the silicon passive components in your design (Platforms for integration)
- Product realization with silicon passive networks
- Benefits of using silicon passive components
- Performance of Silicon components
- WYSIWYG from Murata, What You Simulate Is What You Get
- Silicon Passive - tremendous reliability
- Silicon passive integration - cost reduction examples
Murata offers turnkey solutions, from design to manufacture of custom dies that match your application perfectly.
The unique 3D silicon passive technology is a highly efficient way of integrating tens or even hundreds of passive components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors and Zener diodes in a single silicon die.
Thanks to our PICS (Passive Integrated Connecting Substrate) technology, a wide variety of passive devices, such as baluns, DC decoupling, filters and diplexers are integrated on a silicon substrate. This technology can save up to 80 % of the printed circuit board area currently required for discrete SMD solutions.
Silicon Passive die can be designed for any specific application such as:
- Silicon capacitors
- Silicon RF components
- Banks of baluns for mobile applications or capacitor networks
- Mixed of RF components and decoupling capacitors for transceiver applications
- Combination of several application schematics for combo module, e.g. Bluetooth + Wlan + radio
- Passive component networks required by active dies